About this weblog
This is mainly an expository blath, with occasional high-level excursions, humorous observations, rants, and musings. The main-line exposition should be accessible to the “Generally Interested Lay Audience”, as long as you trace the links back towards the basics. Check the sidebar for specific topics (under “Categories”).
I’m in the process of tweaking some aspects of the site to make it easier to refer back to older topics, so try to make the best of it for now.
- The Submodule of Invariants
- More New Modules from Old
- New Modules from Old
- Reducible Modules
- Irreducible Modules
- Lie Algebra Modules
- All Derivations of Semisimple Lie Algebras are Inner
- Decomposition of Semisimple Lie Algebras
- Back to the Example
- The Radical of the Killing Form
- The Killing Form
- Cartan’s Criterion
- A Trace Criterion for Nilpotence
- Uses of the Jordan-Chevalley Decomposition
- The Jordan-Chevalley Decomposition (proof)
FeedbackGot something to say? Anonymous questions, comments, and suggestions at Formspring.me!